Have you ever noticed the quality of your smile diminishing, or found irregular cracks and chips in your teeth that have no reasonable explanation? Oftentimes, these are due to a disorder known as bruxism. Bruxism is a habit that affects around 10% of the population and is characterized by grinding of the teeth and clenching of the jaw that causes tooth wear and breakage, jaw discomfort and potentially headaches.
Today we would like to give you some information about bruxism so that you can protect your smile. Let’s take a look!
– Have you spotted a change in the appearance of your teeth?
– Does your tongue feel tender, or feature any strange markings?
– Do your teeth illustrate any signs of chips or cracks that cannot be explained or accounted for?
– Have you perceived or felt any tissue damage to your inner cheek tissue?
– Have you discovered any moments that your jaw cannot open or close as required, or to its fullest extent?
– Have you witnessed an increase in tooth sensitivity or enamel wear?
– Have you seen or been told that you grind and gnash your teeth unconsciously or in your sleep?
– Have you been suffering from earache-like symptoms?
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, you may have bruxism. If you would like to experience the life-changing protection that bruxism prevention can provide, please stop by Kennebunk Center for Dentistry for an oral exam from Dr. Sara Sheikh and our team in Kennebunk, Maine. You can schedule your visit by calling 207-985-7944. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!