Hardly anyone is born with a perfect smile, and odds are you are going to want to change something about your smile to make it more perfect for you. Cosmetic dentistry can be used for a variety of things, but no matter your dental goals or needs, Dr. Sheikh at Kennebunk Center for Dentistry can help you love your smile. We invite you to contact us today at 207-985-7944 to schedule your appointment with our dentist and see how they can correct the most common cosmetic dental problems in Kennebunk, Maine.
Most people look at their smile and, although they may love it for the most part, they wish that they could change just one or two things to make their smile more attractive. If only I had whiter teeth, or If my teeth were just a little longer, then my smile would be perfect. There are hundreds of reasons why someone may want to change their smile, but some of the most commonly treated cosmetic dental problems include the following:
- Crooked Teeth. If teeth are not perfectly straight or close to it, they can draw attention to themselves. Extremely crooked teeth can also hinder proper speech or chewing. Crooked teeth are often treated with dental bonding or veneers to create the appearance of straighter teeth.
- Chipped or Cracked Teeth. Teeth that are cracked or chipped can become more damaged over time, thus becoming less functional and susceptible to decay. Missing enamel can be replaced with dental bonding, fillings, crowns, and veneers.
- Discolored Teeth. When your teeth are discolored, you can become very self-conscious about your smile. Although tooth discoloration may be embarrassing, cosmetic treatments are quick and simple. With teeth whitening, dental bonding, or veneers, your teeth can have even, natural-looking color all the way across your smile.
- Missing Teeth. Having a hole in your smile can lead you to avoid smiling all together. Not only that, but missing teeth can cause shifting teeth, bone loss, or neuromuscular problems. It is important to have missing teeth replaced as soon as possible to prevent any future problems. Missing teeth are most often treated with dental implants or a fixed bridge.
- Gaps Between Teeth. Big or small gaps in your smile can cause embarrassment, which can ultimately cause you to hide your smile. Gaps don’t have to be fixed with braces or complex treatments. Instead, they can often be filled in almost instantly with dental bonding or veneers.
- Misshaped Teeth. A misshaped tooth can be too short, too long, or overall different from the rest of your teeth. These issues can be easily corrected with dental bonding, veneers, or crowns.
- Gummy Smile. Sometimes, a person’s teeth will appear short because their gums have grown further down their teeth than most other people. If you feel that your smile is too gummy, our soft tissue laser treatment can remove excess gum in a quick and painless procedure.
Don’t let these problems keep you from smiling! Come visit our office today to receive your consultation with our dentist and see how we can improve your smile.