If you have a toothache, it may be a sign of an underlying condition. Specifically, it may be a breach of the tooth enamel such as a crack or cavity. Keep your smile shining brightly all summer with effective toothache care. Look for the following symptoms that are normally associated with toothaches:
– Toothaches typically include pain and discomfort even after using medications to lessen the pain.
– Pain from a toothache regularly persists for longer than 24 hours.
– Extreme swelling in the affected area or in and around your face could be a positive indicator of a toothache.
– If you have suffered from an oral accident, blunt trauma, cavities, infection, tooth loss, unseen oral health damage, and other internal health problems, you could be at an increased risk for toothaches.
– Side effects of toothaches can include fevers, chills, and abnormal facial rashes.
– If toothaches are left untreated, they can cause other health issues within your body, and permanent tooth loss.
Kennebunk Center for Dentistry remains committed to your oral health, and you are welcome to book an appointment with us by calling 207-985-7944. Stop by our dentist office in Kennebunk, Maine, and Dr. Sheikh, Dr. Shazib, and our team will give you the toothache treatment you need. Let us help you with all of your oral health care needs.